Update an existing user role in the platform
More articles in User Roles and API Permissions
Note: This functionality is only applicable for Tenant Admin(s)
Tenant Admins can update the custom roles. They can update the following components of a user role.
- Name – The tenant admin can update the name of the role.
- Description – The tenant admin can update the description of the role.
- Associated APIs – The tenant admin can select additional APIs or remove existing associated APIs.
Update a user role
Please follow the below steps to update a user role in the platform.
- Go to Settings > Roles & API Permissions.
- If you want to edit the name of the role, Click on the edit icon, and enter the updated name.
- If you want to edit the description of the role, Click on edit icon, and enter the updated description.
- If you want to add / remove associated APIs, Click on permissions, and select or deselect APIs.
Note: All the changes you make to the roles, are auto-saved.